Each year heart disease kills more people than the next 16 diseases combined. As a result, heart patients want better ways of healing. So do physicians. Both want outstanding clinical care and an environment that promotes safety, feelings of security and healing. At Heart Hospital of Lafayette, the solution we offer does just that. Our approach is comprehensive, cost-effective, physician-driven and patient-focused.
Heart Hospital of Lafayette is an entire hospital focused on heart disease. Specially designed, equipped and staffed to keep the heart healthy and treat it when it's not. We have a Heart Emergency Center that stands prepared around-the-clock. We are an angioplasty center, which is important to know in the event of a heart-related emergency. We are The Heart Hospital.How We Are Different
The Heart Hospital of Lafayette has received the humbled distinction of being one of the 2008 "Top 100 Cardiovascular Hospitals" in the nation by Thomson Reuters. It reflects our mission to change the way heart care is provided, to make it better for the patient. The model upon which our hospital is built has been proven to produce better outcomes and higher levels of patient satisfaction.
We believe that the best way to promote healing is to provide the patient with care that is clinically excellent and emotionally responsive. Our environment allows caregivers to have more face time with the patient and families are encouraged to be part of the process. That's why family members are allowed 24-hour access to patients, and sleeper beds have been incorporated into every room to accommodate an overnight guest. Here's what our philosophy of patient-focused care means to you.
- Each patient room is private and specially equipped to meet the needs of heart and vascular patients.
- Each room is a universal room, meaning that all care can be provided in one environment, without the need to transfer to another unit. For the patient this means that the room you are admitted to will most likely be your room throughout your stay.
- Many diagnostic services can take place at bedside, and when the need to transport a patient for tests arises, our centrally located support services make the trip a short one.
- Rather than a central nurses station, we have multiple nurses stations located near patient rooms around the floor. This means someone is nearby when you need them.
- A small care team of clinicians will care for the patient from admission to discharge. This approach promotes understanding, bonding and continuity of care.
- A concierge is available to assist in making the hospital stay as convenient and comfortable as possible for family members.
- Free, convenient parking is always available.
- Our patient care plans, innovative procedures, preferred technology and outstanding clinical talent help us to achieve excellent patient satisfaction.
We focus on cardiovascular care but our capabilities and commitment extend to providing a full range of specialty clinical care for our patients.
- Dual operating suites designed to meet the needs of many surgical specialties.
- State of the Art Catheterization Labs
- Full service diagnostic facilities, including fast CT, nuclear medicine, echo cardiography, treadmill stress testing and comprehensive radiological technology.
- Our full-service emergency department, specially designed, equipped and staffed for heart and vascular emergencies, is also available for nearly all emergency situations.
- State of the art medical laboratory
- Digital pharmaceutical services that use the latest procedures to ensure patient safety through accurate, fast dispensing of medications.
- 32 inpatient critical care unit beds
- 2 cath labs
- 2 operating room suites
- 24/7 Emergency Room
- 64-slice CT Angiography
- Nuclear Medicine
- X-ray Radiology
- Echo Sonography
- Laboratory Services